Monday, March 10, 2008

The Perfect Storm

Oh boy... I'm in for a doozy tomorrow. My daugher is running a fever, we went to the doctors office, she did test negative for strep and flu but they warned that those can turn positive in 24-48 hours.....

AND I HAVE A MAJOR SPEECH TO DO TOMORROW! There are no makeups, no rescheduling. None. Argh! Chris is totally slammed at work right now, but I did ask him and he agreed he will watch Lila tomorrow so I can do my speech. And I will leave right afterwards. (I hate to be such a jerk, to do mine and then leave and not listen to the others. I would like to tell my class, I'm not a jerk! I just can't be there today... ).

Today I mainly focussed on my speech. I cut my powerpoint presentation down by a good number of slides and I've been focussed on TIME. Yesterday I practice an entire run-through with Lila and I was about 60% of the way through and that was at 10 minutes! OUCH! This is suppossed to be a 5-7 minute speech! I found time (and the classroom schedule) and went up to NSCC to set up my presentation and to make sure that my wireless clicker actually works for that system, and the projector works, etc). It's 24 miles one way, and I only had about 40 minutes to be up there, but it was time well spent. It was just a relief to know that it will work.

Tomorrow I need to cover chapter 9 in econ. The readings and study-everything for chapter 8 went well. I actually scored 90% on the chapter practice exam - one of my better scores. I swear, the instructor always throws in one or two extra questions that don't cover anything related to what was in our materials. Aggravating!

No comments: