Monday, March 31, 2008

Productive Monday

Well, I just want to get these thoughts down before they're gone...

I scored an 88 on my Econ test. I had really done a lousy job at reading/studying these 3 chapters... so I didn't feel too good about taking the test today, the last day I possibly can take this test... argh!!!! So as I did study for this test, I was becoming more and more anxious about it. I really was, to the point I was just a scatterbrain and I couldn't concentrate at ALL.

There were several other things going on as well at this time... I also had to finalize my outline for persuasive speech (which is tomorrow), so I worked on that this morning.... I got my new laptop late this morning as well... I first told myself I would open it up AFTER my econ test, but that resolve only lasted about an hour. I rationalized opening the new laptop by saying I wanted to review the powerpoint slides while sitting in my fabulous chair... with my screwed up screen on my old laptop, powerpoint was pretty much out of the question. And lastly, I was distracted by these stupid wrist braces I have to wear 23 hours a day because my carpal tunnel syndrome has flared up again. Argh.

But after reviewing the powerpoint presentations for each of the chapters, I went right into the test. I wasn't feeling very strong at it, I did have the book as a resource but I just wasn't very confident. I had one question that just plain ticked me off and it was a basic econ type concept questions but just wasn't addressed in anything we had read... so I called my husband at work. He was an econ major. And the question was basically "which is more liquid, stocks or fine art?" I knew of course currency is the most liquid, but WTF? stocks or fine art? which is more liquid? Chris thought fine art was less liquid than stocks, and I kinda thought so to even though that was just a guess.... we were both right as it turns out. And I got an 88 on this mofo test.

About an hour ago, I drank a cup of coffee to quickly, my stomach has been queasy ever since... argh. Still today I need to practice my speech and write a 1.5 page draft of something for english. Argh!

No comments: