Tuesday, March 18, 2008

VERY tough two days

In the past two days I've had a history test, an economics midterm, an english comp. paper due and a minor speech to give, and I did the best I could at all of them. Late yesterday I started getting sick. REALLY sick, not just the I don't feel well kind of sick, but the OMG every muscle in my body aches sick!

This morning I managed to get myself together, I HAD to get to my speech class for today, there was a minor speech scheduled, she had told us so last week. So I get myself there. and she very quickly asks us to take out our index cards and twenty five cents. WTF? No one in the class knew what she was talking about. She then realized she hadn't given us this assigment last week and that we would flip the schedule around, cover chapter 10 originally scheduled for Thursday today, and do the jackpot speeches on Thursday. Well FUCK!

I had talked to her over a month ago about specifically choosing THAT date to be gone (my kids are on spring break this week, and we're going out of town) and I had even talked to her about sitting in on another class of hers because I really wanted to get the info for persuasive speeches. I was frustrated, I couldn't help but cry... WTF was I going to do now? I become very emotional and I couldn't STOP crying.

I even made the decision to skip my english comp class, all I needed to do was turn in my paper and that's that. Two other people in class did the same thing, one for legitimate reasons and the other I think was just wanting a reason. ARGH!

I went to the library and finished my study sheet for my history test, and then at noon I went to take the test. Twenty lousy questions! So freakin' lame! I really don't like these tests where there are FEW questions and HIGH point value per questions. I really don't like these. I have questions about three questions, I very likely missed those - and that's 24 points right there! Out of 200 possible points, thats 3 lousy questions will drop your grade by a full letter. Fuck! The essay part, there were two questions... I think I did okay on those. Last History test he graded me 100% on the essay parts (wooo-hooo!) and I thought I did B work on that... so we'll see how I do. I expect that grade back early next week.

After the history test was time to find my speech instructor, which I did and she offered to let me do this speech next week when we get back. As I left her office, I saw my english comp instructor, we made eye contact, I approached her. I said something along the lines of "I feel I need to explain my situation... I'm sick, I cried in my earlier class, I've had SO much going on this week... I just want to go home, so when I left your class I took care of my history test... argh" and of course I started crying as I said this, this poor woman, she really didn't need emotional me in her face... but she simply told me to go home and not worry about it.

Argh. My laptop is fucked up. I'm going to buy a new one next week likely. The screen is damaged, Chris pinched it last fall and it hasn't been the same since. Since then, here and there it will be really fucked up, but those were very brief moments. NOW, this has been like this since last night - fucked up. I'm having to get very creative and handy with keyboard shortcuts because I can't see the bottom third of my screen! :(

No comments: